Saturday, May 24, 2014

How I Adore Kid President and Other Matters of Importance

Adoring Kid President is also a matter of importance.  In the last few weeks I've ran across two Kid President videos that move me.

The first is a documentary, in a sense, of who this young man actually is and how he is passionate about making the world a better place:



I think the words I took away most from this was "resilient spirit".  
And it also steals my heart how he's made this video to help out kids in poverty over the summer's when they can't rely on school lunch.  Watch this video- each time you like it or share it, ConAgra foods donates money to feed hungry kids.  And that definitely makes the world more awesome.
Have you heard about the Amazon Smile program? You can click on the picture to read their "about" page.  

If you already have an Amazon Prime account, you can add a charitable organization to your profile and every time you buy a book or product that qualifies for the program, part of your purchase is donated to that charity.  I chose an Autism Research Foundation in honor of my oldest son who has moderately sever autism.  But there are tons of other choices!  And you can change your charity whenever you want if you feel like donating to more than one.  Just select a new one before you make a purchase.  If you feel inspired by Kid President, Amazon Smile does offer the charity OIF.org as one of it's options.  That's the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation.
My next thing of importance is that I have a really bad memory.
As in, I forgot to tell you all what the freebie of the week was over at the TPT store.
Luckily, there is still time.  Free UNTIL WEDNESDAY 5/28/14:

Update- because I'm a raging moron- the Summer Kids were last week's freebie. DUH.  This week we've got our Tropical Fish Aquarium set one up for grabs. Sheesh.  And I had drank my coffee and everything...

And my last important thing- I need some advice.
Can a second grade teacher who has only taught 4th, 5th, and 2nd make a transition to Kindergarten?  Am I too sarcastically awesome to do 5 and 6 year-olds? I'm thinking I need a change- but how much of a change do I need?
Go be awesome, kittens!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment